We live in a digital age where almost all of our actions are conducted online. Are you thinking about purchasing a “Done for You” digital marketing business? You first need to know whether there is real money in a digital marketing agency.
A digital agency offers a goldmine of services for both small and big businesses. They offer a wide range of services such as web design, graphic design, web development, mobile app development, SEO, and content marketing.
A digital agency is a one-stop-shop for all things digital – from designing and developing websites to creating advertisements. A digital agency can be an advertising company or a marketing company specializing in new media.
The digital agency has helped small businesses to grow by providing them with the best marketing services. Likewise, it has helped big businesses to make their mark in the market by giving them access to the latest digital technologies and copywriting services.
Setting up a digital agency can be a lucrative venture. Don’t take my words for it. Let’s take a look at some current statistics about digital marketing in the United States :
According to Statista,
- The digital ads spend in the US rose from $72 billion in 2016 to $130 billion in 2021.
- Digital advertising or marketing has an annual growth rate of nearly 16% when comparing the figures between 2019 and 2020.
- The digital marketing industry in the United States is worth a whopping $356 billion.
How to Set Up A Successful Digital Marketing Agency
Now that you are fully aware that going into digital marketing can make you so rich and accomplished, you need first to sit down and plan how to set up your digital marketing agency properly.
Check out this amazing video, “Is It Worth Starting A Digital Marketing Agency?”
The following essential tips can help you do it right:
- Get trained or educated about digital marketing: If you are a novice to the concept of digital advertising or marketing, you will need to, first of all, get yourself educated about the intricacies of the business. You don’t want to jump into a sea full of sharks without knowing how to safeguard your business operations as a digital marketer.
- You should find your niche: Digital marketing or advertising encompasses different niches; it is your responsibility to choose a niche you are most knowledgeable in. We have content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, SEO, etc.
- Who are your competitors? The digital marketing business has a low entry barrier. Hence, there are several players in the industry that you will be competing with. This revelation shouldn’t scare you, though. All you need to do is to do your initial market research and identify your main competitors. Study their approaches and tweak your offerings to beat them in the digital marketing market.
- Setting up your website: You will need to set up a functional website hosted by a trusted web-hosting third party that will ensure you are always live and won’t crash if there is a sudden high demand for your digital marketing services.
- Then, build your portfolios: Your portfolios are the digital marketing projects you have successfully executed for some clients. You should prepare some case study reports and put them on your website so that future clients can be sure of your efficiency and experience in the field.
Simple? Yes, the procedures for setting up a digital marketing agency are not rocket science. It is something you or anyone can do without breaking your bank account. You need to have the technical know-how, a functional website, and a can-do attitude. Are you ready to take the jump? Go for it!